Friday, 3 February 2017

Mango haul

The harsh reality of my life right now is that I am on a student budget. My days are a cycle of Sainbury's Basics baked beans, having a breakdown when I forget my bus pass and trying to calculate which is the alcohol option with the best low price:high percentage ratio. This results in any occasional indulge in retail therapy I dare to undertake always coming with a side order of guilt.
Upon receiving some Christmas money last month I was determined to save it, to support myself in my increasingly difficult attempts to not dip into my overdraft. However, just three days later I found myself instead sucked into the Mango Outlet website's limited-time 70% off everything sale. Last season most items listed may be, but here live some serious deals, the likes of which you will struggle find elsewhere. Here are the pieces I picked up on this wrongly-unsung side-site.

First up, this faux-leather coat (as if I need to own any more). I was undecided between this and another jacket of the same price, but its presently fairly uncommon style led me to cast my end vote. I later worried that it would make me look like that guy out of the Matrix who in that one scene wears a similar jacket (disclaimer: I have never seen the Matrix/its sequels), but it exceeded my expectations. It looks great when layered over a short dress or mini skirt and heeled boots.



I'm always on the lookout for cheap dresses I can wear on nights out/can use to layer with a plain outfit to jazz it up a little. My desires came into being with this metallic strappy number bought for just £10.80. For the remainder of winter (and because I don't go anywhere fancy enough to flaunt it on its own) I shall be wearing it over shirts and other longer-sleeved dresses.


Dress number two comes in the form of a much more day appropriate style. Whilst perhaps a little short on me, slightness in length has never stopped me before. Plus I can always wear tights. My favourite feature is the ruffle along the back of the collar, transitioning into a v-neck at the front.


A plain blouse naturally is an essential so I try and stock up where I can. Taking a slight deviation from the usual white or cream ones, this long-lined chiffon shirt is a pale lilac. Its versatility means it is perfect for tucking into jeans or a skirt as well as being stylish workwear. The corrugated folds down the front of the blouse and the high collarless neck gives it a little unique touch.


My final steal was a two-tone knitwear. Combining block colours of coral and a dusty pink, shades that are sparse in my wardrobe, this jumper is a different spin on your regular winter layers and certainly catches the eye, My one issue with it, is the split sides but if, like me, you're not particularly a fan this can be easily resolved by tucking it into a high-waisted belted skirt or layering it under a pinafore dress.

All five of these items came to just over £63, down from £220. In fact, all items came to less than the original price of the coat alone. Annoyingly, this experience of reduced-price outlet shopping has ensured that I may never be able to buy an item of clothing full-priced again. Worth it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment