This week I am undergoing the biggest transition/event/truly terrifying experience of my life: starting university. In terms of committing myself to full-time education once more I wouldn't say I'm overly prepared. In terms of being able to step-up my outfit game every day, I would say I am marginally more prepared (just), thanks to the panic buy of cheap items of clothing I've indulged in lately. Here are just a few things I've racked up.
 |
| Wide-leg trousers, £11, ASOS. |
I've been looking for a pair of simple, wide-leg trousers for a while now and these ones from the ASOS sale fit the bill. Down from £38, they're a steal at £11. Although made from an almost twill-like fabric, they seem durable and can be worn with crop tops and blouses or can be matched with jumpers and big woolen coats as the weather gets colder.
 |
| Blouse, £9.99, H&M. |
It may just look like your typical off-white, crinkled chiffon blouse on the hanger but this is an absolute must-buy. It has everything going on - a crinkled hem, a ruffled neckline, split trumpet sleeves - but somehow at the same time looks simple, elegant and effortless. But the best thing about it? This blouse is miraculously only £9.99. Perhaps if H&M knew how popular it was going to be they would have hiked the price up a little but fortunately for us they did not.
Lastly on my scavenge for last-minute essentials (okay, wants) were a couple of pairs of simple pumps. Both in a block heel style which I'm really digging at the moment, these shoes are inexpensive and plain yet the perfect finisher to any outfit. If you're looking for a basic pair of black heels to complete a look or just to throw in the back of your wardrobe for whenever they may be needed, why let your bank suffer when it's a sure bet that no one can tell the difference between these and a pricier pair? Plus, at just a tenner, why not pick up a metallic alternative whilst you're at it?
 |
| Black heels, £12; silver pumps, £10, both Primark. |
No comments:
Post a Comment