Friday, 3 February 2017

You got it spotted

You know when you start accidentally accumulate a collection of something to the extent that any outsider would assume you to be obsessed with said thing? Well, over the years I seem to have quite unintentionally hoarded polka-dot cigarette trousers.
I remember the start of my apparent addiction clearly; aged thirteen and armed with a Topshop voucher (because back in the day this seemed to be the only thing people could think to buy me for my birthday) I spied them in the sale. A pair of slim fit maroon spotted trousers, only £10. So naturally they were mine. Little did I know that this would be the spark that begun a mild obsession.

From left to right: pink trousers, Topshop; black
trousers, H&M; maroon trousers, Topshop.

I find these sorts of bottoms to be greatly versatile, what with them working as officewear or dressed down as casual wear, able to be worn with layers, boots and a big coat in winter or with a pretty top and sandals in summer. Of course the best part about them is that they're a playful twist on your boring old plain trousers, adding just a dash more fun to an outfit.

Trousers, H&M; belt, Stradivarius;
blouse, Mango.
It was just in the past few months that I picked up the latest two pairs. These black ones were a steal at just £12.99 and so impossible to resist. The pink ones on the other hand, whose spots are velour just to add to the appeal, were a pricey £39. I'd lowkey had my eye on them all season and they even reached my Christmas wishlist in my iPhone notes, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay the full amount. Fortunately, however, I spotted them online after Christmas when I had finally surrendered to splurging in the sales, picking them up for a lovely £15. Good things come to those who wait, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment